Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Letterkenny is the principal town in County Donegal and as you would expect in a town of this size it has a large selection of shops, restaurants, social amenities and pubs to choose from.
The Letterkenny Historic Walks trail offers visitors to the town the opportunity to discover its rich and varied past. With colourful and fully illustrated information panels located within the town, it makes for an enjoyable and easy way for visitors to learn about Letterkenny and some of its history.
Letterkenny has several amenities to offer its visitors among them being :
- The Regional Cultural Centre is a fabulous new multidisciplinary arts facility.
www.donegalculture.com Tel: 074 9129186
- An Grianán Theatre is a modern 383 seat arts and entertainment venue with a very diverse programme of events held throughout the year.
www.angrianan.com Tel: 074 9120777
- The Donegal County Museum, which houses both permanent and temporary exhibitions, has displays from the Stone Age, the Late Medieval period and more recent history of the county.
www.dun-na-ngall.com/museum Tel: 074 9124613
- The Aura Leisure complex offers fun for everyone with its 25 metre pool, water slides, multi-purpose sports hall, fitness gym, health suite and pitch.
www.auraleisurecentres.ie Tel: 074 9106422
- Century Cinema is one of Ireland’s best independent movie houses with its fantastic 8 screen complex based in the heart of Letterkenny.
www.centurycinemas.ie Tel: 074 9125050
Within an 8 mile drive from Letterkenny you will find Frewin Country House romantic Bed & Breakfast accommodation located in the charming and historic town of Ramelton. Formerly a rectory and located in mature wooded rounds, this charming and romantic Country House B & B offers its guests a warm and friendly welcome in an atmosphere of luxury and relaxation. It also has a luxury self catering cottage tucked away in the grounds.